Updated: Saturday 11th July 2020, 10:13am
Reopening of Dingo's Fraser Tours:
With restrictions eased, we're happy to announce our tours commence again from early July! While our tours remain relatively unchanged, we have made a few changes in response to covid-19 to minimise the risk covid-19 presents. Thus, guests from early July 2020 will notice our staff undertaking new procedures during our tours.
We recommend checking for any restrictions which may impact your ability to travel:
We recommend anyone wishing to travel first visits the Queensland Government's road map to easing restrictions to ensure they remain up to date with all guidelines. We also recommend viewing the Health Direct covid restriction checker for any restrictions which may impact your ability to travel.
Health and Safety First:
The safety and well-being of our guests, team and the wider community remains our top priority. The following is a summary of the measures Dingo's will be undertaking to minimise the risk of covid-19.
Precautionary measures for Dingo's Fraser Island Tours:
- All guests will be required to complete a short questionnaire prior to travel. All information collected will remain confidential and is a necessary step for us in minimising the risk of covid-19 on our tours.
- Any person exhibiting flu like or respiratory symptoms at the beginning of the tour will not be permitted to join the tour. If you hold a booking and begin to display symptoms before your tour, we ask that you contact our team as soon as possible.
- The use of hand sanitiser will be required by all guests throughout the tour.
- Guests will be asked to remain in the same seat throughout the tour.
- Vehicles will undergo sanitising throughout the day, as well as undergoing a thorough sanitising and cleaning at the end of each tour.
- Any person on board the tour who begins to display flu like or respiratory symptoms will be asked to wear a mask for the remainder of the tour and may be requested to isolate from the rest of the group depending on the severity.
- Staff members will not be permitted to complete a shift if they present with flu like or respiratory symptoms.
- Our number of departures has been reduced to allow sufficient time between tours for vehicle and campsite sanitising.
Please note that as per the Queensland Tourism Industry Council's announcement on July 3rd, our buses are able to be filled to capacity meaning guests may be sharing a vehicle with up to 20 others.
Bookings between March 23rd and July 9th 2020:
Dingo's Fraser Tours suspended all tours between March 23rd and July 9th 2020. We're working hard to ensure anyone who had a booking with us between March 23rd and July 9th 2020 is being looked after. We apologise that some processing times are taking much longer than expected and are responding to each one as quickly as possible. Guests who booked via Dingo's directly can choose to convert their booking into an open dated voucher, which is valid for travel for 24 months, change the date of their booking into the future, or to cancel their booking. We are not imposing a fee to make any of these changes, however date changes may be subject to fare differences for public holiday dates.
We'd like to remind guests that if you have booked through a travel agent, you will need to contact your agent directly to discuss your options.
We understand that for many, planned travel beyond July 9th 2020 may need to be delayed or rethought as a result of this crisis. If you have a booking with us beyond this date, we're still offering guests the option to make changes to bookings without a fee if more than 48 hours notice is received. Thus, we recommend contacting us as early as possible if you need to make any booking amendments.
Again, we remind guests who booked through an agent that they will need to contact their agent directly to discuss options bookings.
We hope everyone remains safe during this tough period and hope to be welcoming guests to Fraser Island again very soon. Our team remains contactable via phone and email from Monday through to Saturday if you would like to speak with someone.